Friday, April 25, 2008

TEIN Superstreet Coil overs

Actually, I had plans to upgrade to handling of this car. The only thing I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. The story is like this, on my third day I got this car. I went to Autoglym in Sunway. You wouldn't believe who I bumped into. It's none other than Desmond of N1. He asked about the car and asked whether I can take him for a spin. Before dropping him off at N1. He made me and offer to become a guinea pig for the TEIN suspension for Malaysian market. I thought he was kidding.

A few weeks after that I received an unexpected call from N1. The deal was my car will be used as guinea pig and the shocks is mine for half the price. I took the offer.

The shocks that we are talking here is the same shocks I used on my Evo (TEIN Super street). Since I am used to TEIN set-up, so I was expecting the handling to be good.

TEIN Superstreet

The first day, they let me try out the the TEIN progressive sport springs. I don't quite like the ride when using the springs. It was rather bouncy especially when crusing on the highway. It get rather annoying after while cause it felt like riding a horse. Cornering wise, it's much better then the stock as the car felt more planted.
The second day, I tried the coil overs. According to Mr. Sugano of TEIN, he did the set up more for handling rather than comfort. Since it's an adjustable suspension (Soft/Hard). I could always change it to softer whenever I felt like having more comfort. Since I love whacking corners. I'll stick to Mr. Sugano's original set-up.

Surprisingly, the shocks was a lot more comfortable compare to the stock suspension. The car doesn't dive under heavy braking anymore and no more of that dread full under over when taking corners.


Ride height after TEIN

Damage:

1. TEIN Super Street - RM: 2250 (N1 Racing) : Normal price : RM5600
2. Installation - FOC

No comments: