Friday, July 18, 2008

JCW Gear Knob

There is one thing that I dislike about the interior ever since I got the car. That will be the gear knob. Even though, it has a nice grip but it just got to go. Simply due to the fact it is hideous. Especially the top part has turn to a yellowish colour.

Again there aren't many gear knobs available for mini. Currently, there are brand like MOMO, SPARCO and OMP with a wide selection of universal gear knob available. The only problem is that they are too common and you find them in any cars. So that leaves me with JCW. They specialized in Mini and one of their designed has caught my eyes. It's a half leather and CF.


JCW gear knob

Well, I do have this thing about CF and WORKS gear knob really looks cool. Anyway, I think the gear knob made the interior looks a bit more interesting. Since I am getting bored with the same stock interior looks.


Stock gear knob


Close Up: Noticed the top part has turn yellowish


JCW Gear knob


Close up view

The installation was easy. Simply engaged to second gear and pull upwards as hard as you can. One word of advice, try not to bend over too close to the gear or the knob might end up on your forehead. If you pulled upwards you might bump into the roof.

The bottom part of the JCW gear knob can be split into two. You need to push the gear boot down and connect the bottom part fist. Then line up the gear knob at the lever and simply push it in. You should hear like a click sound, that means that it's locked in place.

Well, it sure made my interior looks a bit more lively. At first it felt a bit awkward since the stock gear knob is shorter. JCW is a bit higher and lighter. After I get the hang of it. I think my gear shifting is a lot faster now.

Damaged:

1. JCW half CF gear knob - RM561 (Racecraft Sunway)

No comments: