Monday, November 3, 2008

GME Custom Exhaust & Rear Diffuser

This is one of those upgrades that I have been wanting to do for quite a while now. After first I thought of getting Fox exhaust which cost RM 3900. It is kind of expensive and I don't want to spent it on such an expensive exhaust unless it is titanium then it's okay. So I decided to go back to GME to custom an exhaust for me.

Since Ayee never done any exhaust for Mini before this. We decided to follow Skunk 2 design. It is fully stainless steel with 2.5" pipping and 2 mufflers. Some minor modification had to be done to the rear diffuser. We have to cut it shorter to make way for the bigger pipping. I've added some fins to the diffuser as well. Hopefully this will stabilised the air flow at the rear.


GME custom exhaust system

Follows the same route as the original piping

Single outlet as opposed to original double outlet


Rear Diffuser

Another view of the diffuser


After installation

For those who does not like loud exhaust then this set-up is not for you. I love the sound even though it is loud as hell. Performance wise, since exhaust system is less restrictive the car becomes more responsive and it revs up to 6000 rpm easily.

Damaged:
1. 2.5" stainless steel pipping with 2 mufflers - RM 1500 (GME)
2. Rear diffuser - RM 100 (GME)

3 comments:

Chong said...

Hi there, ur exhaust custom made looks great..im intending to do my audi a4 exhaust also but not going to take original as the pricing is quite high..can i hav GME's contact n location also?
Plz email mi
chunchong_03434@hotmail.com

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love cars …… in most of my cars me just changed my band exhaust to custom exhaust Is a great joy fixing in custom in our machines


Mufflers

Anonymous said...

Hope this blog is useful for those who wish to understand and choosing their right performance exhaust system. Custom Made Performance Exhaust Systems